Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell to 2012

I can't believe another year is over.

2012 was a big year for me. It was the first year ever that I haven't once stepped foot on New Zealand soil. It was the first year I'd ever lived overseas. It was the first year that I rarely saw my parents in person. It was also the year I decided to really make a go of writing a book. It was the year I added countless skills to my resume from working in New York City. 

It really has been a year of growth. My relationship with my mister grew significantly, and my relationship with myself changed - in a good way. I began to view the world differently, and I began to really be thankful for all the small things in life.

I met so many new people this year and had more adventures than I'd ever had in my lifetime. It flew by so fast. A year ago I was preparing to see in 2012 by partying at Dallas BBQ in Times Square, NYC. We feasted, we danced and we watched the ball come down at midnight. I really can't believe that was a whole year ago.

Now I'm nearing the end of my time in America. I get to ring in 2013 almost 24 hours after my friends and family in New Zealand do, but I get to do it in the awesome Californian atmosphere.

Who knows what the year ahead will hold. Hopefully some very exciting developments. Top of my list is to crack through that WIP that's been sitting gathering dust for the past few months, get a kick-ass job, spend some good quality time with my family and just enjoy New Zealand. I've developed a new found appreciation for my home country after being away for so long!

What are you plans for 2013? How are you seeing in the New Year?

Whatever you do tonight make sure you have fun, celebrate good friends and life, but most importantly, stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. Hope your 2013 is as good as your 2012 was! My plans for this next year involve jumping into the querying process. Exciting and scary at the same time. As for celebrating tonight, we'll be watching The Amazing Spiderman, eating Chinese food, and probably playing cribbage. Just a nice evening of family fun. Happy New Year! Have a great time in California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Happy New Year! Your evening sounds like it would've been great. Family fun with movies and food is my favourite kind of evening! All the best with your querying, can't wait to see your progress!

      Delete
  2. I know, I'm getting to this a little late, but have a great 2013, Samantha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you to Colin! Hope 2013 is a good one!

      Delete